Friday 29 May 2015

The Dress by Kate Kerrigan -review

This book is about a dress but not just any dress. It's called The Dress and was made in the 1950s but that's not how the story starts. A girl called Lily is a fashion blogger and loves all things vintage so when she comes across an article about The Dress she decides to make a replica. This story is about love and friendship and also clothes! It follows the story of the original dress and how it came to be but also follows Lilly and how she makes the replica.

I was a bit debious when I received this book but because I loved the cover I decided to give it a go. How right was I ! It is an amazing book and follows two different stories. That of Frank and Joy, and then Lilly.  The fact that Kate has written it in two different times is very good and it's like you are finding out about The Dress from two different people. Reading this has made me think about clothes differently and made me want to look back at the clothes ladies wore in the fifties. It is an amazing story about not only clothes but love and all the happy little things that go with love. 

A book defiantly worth reading. 
5 stars 

2 comments:

  1. I've got this to read. Looking forward to it. Found your blog via The Bookshop Cafe on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best book iv ever read and iv read loads defo reccomended !!

      Delete