Sunday 3 May 2015

Sarah's books to be read soon

The books I want to read next are the ones below : respect by mandasue heller, little women by Louisa m.alcott and Kane and Abel by Jeffrey archer. 

First I'll explain about my first book , I've always loved crime and when I came across this one I knew I wanted to read it. I've since collected her other books but not read any yet as I've been reading other books. I'll paste a brief summary incase you decide you want to read it,

Chantelle has everything going against her. She's a good student who only wants to pass her exams and find a way out of the sink estate in Manchester where she grew up. But now her feckless mother has taken off for Spain with her latest boyfriend and she's single-handedly raising her tearaway nine-year-old brother Leon. She thinks her worst problem is the debt collectors at the door. But Leon has made some new friends: teenage gang members who have given him a mobile phone, a knife - and some drugs to hide in her flat.
A part-time job seems to be the answer to Chantelle's prayers. But the violence is about to come home to her - with a vengeance. And the only person who's offering any help seems to be just as bad as the people she's trying to escape from . . .

So as you can see its a good book!

Next is little women and normally I don't read books based in old times but I've always wanted to read it and from the picture you can see I've started it but then I had my book club books to read so stopped, below is a brief description. 

Classic novel of 19th-century family life during and after the Civil War, in a household with four sisters. Alcott based the March family largely on her own real-life family.

It doesn't give much away but that's the mystery of the book, you don't know what to expect. 

Lastly my third book is a book I started but then lost the book and only got it back as a Christmas present. I wouldn't normally read Jeffrey archer but a former book clubber recommended it so I thought I'll give it a try and it's one of those that looks good and from what I've read so far was good but till I pick it back up I'll not know! 

Born on the same day near the turn of the century on opposite sides of the world, both men are brought together by fate and the quest of a dream. These two men -- ambitious, powerful, ruthless -- are locked in a relentless struggle to build an empire, fuelled by their all-consuming hatred. Over 60 years and three generations, through war, marriage, fortune, and disaster, Kane and Abel battle for the success and triumph that only one man can have.

That is all three of my books and once I've read them I'll review them, hope you enjoyed reading this blog and maybe you decided to read one of these yourself!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment