Sunday 3 May 2015

Emily's Books Soon to Read

 
 
Emily's Choices
 
Here is some of the books that I am wanting to read soon.
 
 
 
1) Rain Girl by Gabi Kreslehner - I have chosen this book as I picked it as a choice at the book club however it did not get picked so I thought I would read it on my own accord.

Here is the blurb:
Veteran homicide detective Franza Oberwieser prefers her job in the winter. Summer is for growing, not for dying. So when the body of a beautiful young woman is found on the autobahn, dressed in a glittering party dress and bathed in June rain, Franza is determined to give her justice.
Revealing victims’ hidden lives is part of the job, but as Franza and her partner, Felix, peel back the layers shrouding the girl’s disturbing past, darker mysteries emerge. Everyone has something to hide—even Franza, who must face her own secrets to reveal the truth.
 


2) Still Alice by Lisa Genova - I have chosen to read this book as everyone is on about how good it is and the story plot fascinates me as I have got a personal interest into mental health and this book is all about that as it focuses on her memory.

Here is the blurb:

Alice Howland is proud of the life she worked so hard to build. At fifty, she's a cognitive psychology professor at Harvard and a renowned expert in linguistics, with a successful husband and three grown children. When she begins to grow forgetful and disoriented, she dismisses it for as long as she can until a tragic diagnosis changes her life - and her relationship with her family and the world around her - for ever.

Unable to care for herself, Alice struggles to find meaning and purpose as her concept of self gradually slips away. But Alice is a remarkable woman, and her family learn more about her and each other in their quest to hold on to the Alice they know. Her memory hanging by a frayed thread, she is living in the moment, living for each day. But she is still Alice.
 
 
 
3) Regarding Anna by Florence Osmund - I have chosen this book because it has got an hard hitting story plot which will fascinate me and intrigue me to want to read more. Due to the plot the emotion that will surround it will be vast and deep which I love, as I love books that show true emotion.
 
Here's the blurb:
Things that happen to you in the past can mold you into someone you’re not.

After recovering from the shock of her parents perishing in a tragic accident, Grace Lindroth discovers clues in their attic that cause her to believe the people she called Mom and Dad her whole life may not have been her real parents.

In her search for the truth, Grace encounters people whose actions cause her to be distrustful of just about everyone, making her mission that much more difficult but heightening her determination to uncover what she believes is essential for her to go on with her life.
Well that is all my choices for now - will keep you posted when I have read these books.


 

 

1 comment: