Monday 25 May 2015

Review on 'To all the boys I've loved before'

This book is about a girl who has had a few crushes on five boys, one of whom she loves and after each one of her crushes ends she writes a letter saying goodbye but doesn't post them as they are for her as a way of moving on. She keeps them in a hat box hidden away. Suddenly one day they get posted to all the boys and then her life gets turned upside down. Some of the boys who gets a letter confront her and along the way one of them becomes her "boyfriend". She wants to make the boy she thinks she loves jealous and to her confusion she falls in love with the boy she is dating. She realises she doesn't love the other boy and tries to win the heart of the boy she loves. 

I really liked this book and was glad I purchased it. I enjoyed reading the letters and seeing how Lara wrote them. You could see they were meant for her eyes only as they were written like she was speaking to them. I loved that she was such a soulful character that took on the role of big sister and looked after kitty. The character of Josh was brilliant and I was really rooting for him and Lara to get together so when she started falling for Peter I was surprised. It was a match I didn't see coming and was glad Jenny did it that way. Jenny really wrote an amazing book and left me wanting to read more. I hope she carries this one on so you can see if the other boy got the letter. I liked how Jenny added really life parts in like the game of thrones character part, where josh States he wanted to be drogo. I also liked that Lara friend Chris' mum was part of a book club. It made me relate to me as I am into both those things and so was happy . I recommend this book to anyone who has been in love and wrote letters, I for one love writing letters and would often write them to my boyfriends. I gave this book 5*****. Well done Jenny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment